Sunday, June 17, 2012

Salad 6 | Emmental in the green garden

One of the things I really look forward to every Sunday is to have time to buy things to fill up the fridge and get all the ingredients I would like to try available at home. I did not have much time to go to Metro or An Phu SuperMarket or An Nam in District 2. I think there should be more kinds of salad available for me to choose. Finally, I sticked to Central Market at Saigon Pearl and Thi Nghe market for convenience.
Among all items I bought, here are things I used for the food creation today.

KIWI PEAR SALAD

  • Romaine lettuce (01 bag as sold in the supermarket) 
  • 01 pear
  • 01 kiwi
  • Bacon (01 bag as sold in the supermarket)
  • Emmental cheese 
  • Pepper
  • Mustard 
  • Olive oil 

FRESH GREEN ROLLS

  • Mustard leaves (04 leaves)
  • Fresh rice noodles
  • Egg (01, fried)
  • Carrot (0.5) 
  • Herb anise 
  • Meat pie
  • Pork (boiled) 
  • Shrimp 
It is the first time I have kiwi and use it for salad. My dear said to me that "It was amazing... a perfect combination. It is the best salad so far." It was somehow a surprise to me as this Kiwi-Pear salad took me less much time than the others. It was so simple to prepare, but the outcome was so great: the juicy sweet pear mixed with the salty crispy bacon and the little sour kiwi and the crunchy lettuce and the cheese... It is so pure. I called it "Less is more."

Tip: A good sharp knife is so important for your cooking. I recently have bought a Japanese knife for fish cutting and found it really helpful. 
















Post a Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment